Sunday, September 21, 2008

Nineteen Minutes


One of my favorite books of all time is called Nineteen Minutes. It is written by Jodi Picoult who has also written many other books, such as My Sister's Keeper and The Pact. This book is about a boy who could never fit in at school and was always picked on. He came to school with a gun and affected so many lives around him by killing 12 of his classmates. This story was really touching because it made me realize how easily something like this could happen at my school, all starting with a little boy who was made fun for as long as he can remember.

1 comment:

Katy-Lou said...

This is one of my favorite books of all time as well! What about Nineteen Minutes makes it one of your all time favorite books? Although there were many parts that were tough to get through, it makes you think about how easily others can have an effect on individuals. Have you read any of Picoult's books? I love her style of writing, and how she hits hard issues. The Pact and My Sister's Keep are also great books!