Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Outside Reading Post #1

For my outside reading book, I am reading The Uglies by Scott Westerfield. I am 25 pages in so far, but so far it's very good. In this book, there are two groups of people: The Pretties, and The Uglies. They live on opposite sides of a river, and have completely different lifestyles. The uglies work, go to school, and live boring lives, while the Pretties party non-stop and have no cares. People aren't born into a certain group, all Uglies are turned into Pretties at a certain age. Tally is an ugly and her best friend Peris was as well until recently, when he turned the age to become a Pretty. Tally is only 3 months younger, but she is lonely so she decides to sneak over to visit him on the Pretty side. This is how far I am in the book so far, but I think it's really interesting that this is set sometime in the future, and how different it is from the lives we are used to.

No comments: