Sunday, March 1, 2009

Blog #9 (quarter 3)

Today the article about Bollywood that I read was called: "Bollywood Confidential". This article was interesting because I really got to understand the significance of Bollywood movies in India. It was interesting to me that Bollywood movies are almost as worshipped as the gods. I think it's cool that these movies have spread as far as they have, from viewers like Israelis, Pakistanis, Haitains, immigrants in Queens, and so on. These movies are so popular because Bollywood's style is very family-oriented, unlike the ones that Hollywood has been producing. I didn't know that every single Bollywood movie was a musical, so this was new to me. There was also a quote in this article that I found interesting- My shoes are Japanese, My pants English, On my head a red Russian cap, still my heart is Indian. This just goes to show how fast cultures can impact and spread.

weblink: http://www.suketumehta.com/nytm.html

No comments: